Pipe relining repair is a trenchless method that uses Cure in Place Pipe (CIPP) as a replacement for broken or damaged sewer lines. This method is used whenever conditions are deemed unfavorable or unnecessary for pipe boring or the services of a pipe bursting technician. Pipelining is a relatively new technology that has entirely revolutionized the plumbing industry. Bringing in an expert pipe relining company can save you money, time, and hassle.
Lining a pipe is fast, easy, and extremely cost-effective in certain situations. Call our Tacoma sewer experts to learn more about how this service can benefit you!
The Process of Pipe Relining
Our comprehensive pipe relining services include the following steps:
- Before anything is done to install the new liner, we must first scope and locate the problem areas in your sewer line with advanced camera technology.
- A Rigid Seesnake camera is sent down into your lines and monitored via a closed-circuit television monitor. This allows us to see any root intrusions, pinholes (offsets, bellys, cracks), or anything else that might contribute to sub-par performance in your pipes.
- In addition to scoping the pipes, we must also clean them out before we can apply a new liner. We also use our hydro jetter.
- Once we have located the source of the problem, we can decide whether an excavation will be required or not.
- After everything is planned and cleaned out, the process begins with a felt liner. This will eventually become your new pipe.
- This felt pipe is saturated with resin, and the resin is pushed through using an elevated roller to be evenly distributed throughout.
Once the felt is thoroughly saturated, it is wound up into a permaliner inversion tank and oiled to reduce any friction that might occur on its way through the old pipe. Then the liner is folded back and held in place to start the inversion. Air pressure is then increased, allowing the liner to invert into the old pipeline. Not only is the liner able to negotiate 90-degree bends, but it is also able to conform to different sized pipes taking the form of the host pipe. The liner is then allowed to cure.
The new pipe can then be cured with ambient air or by using either hot water or UV light. This entire process makes for a brand new pipe that is:
- Resistant to corrosion
Harts Services is a leading pipe relining company in the Tacoma, WA, region, and our pipe relining repair services experts are guaranteed to get the job done right. Our experts can service the homes and businesses in the towns and cities of Olympia, WA, Bremerton, WA, University Place, WA, Federal Way, WA, Puyallup, WA, Gig Harbor, WA, and Steilacoom, WA.
To schedule your appointment to learn more about if pipe relining is right for your situation, or to schedule a water pipe replacement, call our plumbing and pipe relining experts.